The Waterside Series
You are on the Home Page - - Organisers Contact Email: email@example.com
A,B,C & D..
Thankyou to all volunteers who helped run this event
Without your support this event would not have been run
Final Results are now Posted: Here
A big thankyou to Waterside Centre Staff, We were the
first outside users to use the newly refurbished building
We hope you liked our Summer Waterside and it was a thankyou to
all who have supported us when circumstances have not allowed
us to run events - Especially in 2020.
[[[ Should we run 2022 Summer Waterside..... Let us know firstname.lastname@example.org ]]]
- Entries Close 24th at 2359 [ Online only ]
- Start List as of 1200 today (24th) StartList
- Check in :-
- - Only one person per crew please
- - Upstairs - or follow notices
- - Collect your Race number by providing your Class and name
- - Select your Start time
- - Record your emergency contact for the day
- Start Time calculation and selection :-
- - Identify WHEN within the finish window you would like to finish
- - - Finish window opens at 1300
- - Have some idea as to how long it will take you to paddle the course
- - Take one from the other and that would be your ideal start time
- - At checkin - see if that time is still available
- - - if not take the nearest and make sure your number is recorded
- - - so it is allocated to you
- - Be ready to start at your allocated start time.
- - NOTE: We will be flexible as it is only a Covid Separation
- - - management tool we have devised. Your actual start time for
- - - the Race will be when we set you over the start line.
- - - To that end do not get on the water too far ahead of your
- - - allocated start time so we avoid queuing on or off the water
- Other Information :-
- - The Safety Briefing Here
- - - Lower then normal water means high portages
- - - Narrow boat traffic WILL exist - take due care
- - - Canal width is restricted in places due to additional reeds
- - This event we are not supplying competitors food
- - Showers and changing facilities do exist if required
- - - use the protected flooring areas please
- - We aim to have an out of doors prizegiving at aprox 3pm
- - Please maintain social distancing where ever possible
- - - Track and Trace QR code will be posted
- - - DO NOT ATTEND if you are showing any Covid19 Symptoms
- - The Row Barge car park is out of bounds to all support crews
- - Access at Newbury Wharf waters edge to get in - More space
- - - under the A339 bridge outside NCC Club House. The Jubilee
- - - pleasure trip narrow barge may be mored for some of the time
- - - restricting egress to water.
Newbury Canoe Club are organising a SPECIAL event
Called: Summer Waterside
Date: 26th September 2021
Course: Waterside Race B course, Newbury to Aldermaston and return.
Fee: 5.00 per seat [A thankyou to all that have supported NCC]
Entries: MRC online entry system please use the following link: OnlineEntries
Limits: 120 crews, focusing on Juniors.
Schools: Can include paddlers that would have paddled in Spring 2021
2021 Announcement Notice
2021 Information Sheet
Support Crew Etiquette
Waterways Code Leaflet
There is a major change to the route to Newbury Wharf [RG14 5AS].
Please see the annotated Maps
Waterside 2022 Series Dates
The Waterside Series of Marathon Races comprises of four races held on the Kennet and Avon Canal in
The dates for the 2022 Waterside Series of races are:-
The Waterside Series is recognised as being the classic build up for the
Devizes to Westminster Race.
There are 13 classes:-
There are prizes for each race, and the Series Trophies are awarded at the end of the fourth race, to the crew who has completed all 4 races in the fastest total time in each class.
In addition there are Series Senior, Junior & School team events, for any combination of 3 to 8 paddlers in a minimum of 3 boats.Two Canadian sub-categories (qualifying for Series prizes): Ladies C2 Ladies C1
Other Series trophies are:-
So far we have links to photos taken during the Series:-
Mike Beaumont: Link
Tony Smith: Link
So far we have links to photos taken during the series:-
Race A: Gary Kinghorn: Link
Series: Mike Beaumint: Link
Series: Tony Smith: Link
Race Organiser: Clive Williams
Cheques written out please to: Newbury Canoe Club